Τρίτη 15 Οκτωβρίου 2013

The Red Dress Challenge






This is the dress -and matcing underwear- I'll be wearing on Valentine's day.

That's four months from now.

Why am I planning this so early?

Because its fun!
Well, ok, not just for fun.

Because said dress is one size too small for me now.
But I'm about to change that in the four months to come.

This is my Red Dress Challenge.

Currently I'm size 10 (american size) or 38 (european size )
but the dress is an 8/36.

I picked up a challenge-and a dress size- that is neither too intimidating nor too uninspiring.

I wanted to have a visual that would remind me of my goal to lose inches, get fitter and leaner, as I've been slack with my fitness plan over the last six or so months.

And not just with my fitness plan.

Having my business closed down was a big deal for me.

In many ways it was the best thing that wever happened to me.

In others it just sucked big time.
Financially wise the least of them.

Because having no business meant that out of the blue I was left with too much free time in my hands. 
I experienced the other end of the spectrum. 

While I was used to working 10-12 hours a day outside my home previously, I was now free to spend lotsand lots of time at home.

And then I realised a weird thing:


Being a stay-at-home mum is just not for me.


I hated it big time.
Don't get me wrong, I admire those women who do it. 
They have my deepest respect and hold them in real high esteem.

But for me, it meant boredom. 

And, most importantly, 

a deep sense of losing my ability to focus!


And by that I mean losing my ability to focus, laser-beam like, on a meaningful endeavor and execute it with precision, speed and efficiency, the way I was used to doing before, in my business days.

Believe me, it was really frustrating. 

Not to mention bad for my serlf worth.

Paying attention, for long periods of time, is a form of endurance athleticism.

 Like running a marathon, it requires practice and training to get the most out of it.

 And I realised I was severely out of practice


Which had an impact on all aspects of my life. 
In other words, I grew lazy.
And unmotivated.

I was lacking in life challenges other than keeping the house clean
and the kids fed 
(which is not asmall feat of itself, of course, day-in, day-out).

Because life challenges is one of  biggest self growth tool there is.

Here is how it usually works:

Beliefs keep wearing out as time passes because we always keep collecting new information. If you once succeeded or made a great achievement then after sometime you might start to believe that you only did it because you were lucky or you had it then and now you lost it and not because you are really good in general.

If that situation persists, you gradually lose your self confidence on the medium or the long term. On the other hand, if you faced the life challenge and managed to deal with it, you will renew your self confidence and you will reinforce your positive beliefs about yourself.

This is what losing my ability to focus made me realise:

It's where I get my oomph in life from.
So I'm gonna start up a new one.

Dont ask me when or what about. I'll tell you when it's time. 
But everything , everything begins with a decision, and mine is now taken.

b/ I need to regain my ability to focus again
And to do that, I need a series of smaller challenges to strengthen my challenge-overcoming muscles and give me back my focus-champion status.

So I begin with something somewhat humbler, but really meaningful to me.

The Red Dress Challenge.

Work out hard enough every day for the next four months.

Sweat again.

Get back in real good shape.
Then show you the results, red dress-clad and all.

And start up a few new challenges on my way to gaining back my laser focus abilities.

Maybe you need a challenge too.

Maybe not the red dress challenge, but still.

Let's do this.

Lets get back to our empowered selves together.

It's gonna be fun, I promise





Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Comments